Girls in Year 10 have been invited to take part in a STEM competition discussing the “Gene Editing of Human Embryos”. They are tasked with writing a letter to Lord Robert Winston to tell him of their views on this subject. Entries are to be submitted to Miss Mountford by Friday 26 February.
UK scientists have been given the go ahead by the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) to genetically modify human embryos.
- What are your thoughts on this?
- Should it have been given the go ahead?
- Write a letter to Lord Robert Winston to tell him of your views on the subject.
- It must be a reasoned argument and you should carry out research into this area and put your findings into your letter
- The 4 best entries will be given the opportunity to go to the STEM day on 16 March where Lord Winston is the Keynote Speaker